Margreet de Heer

The Resonating Brain

September 8, 2013 by  
Filed under Author Appearances, Events, NBM Blog, New Releases

In July, I went to Oxford Summer School and attended a course about the human brain – it still resonates with me, and somehow, consciously or subconsciously, these “brain”-drawings keep popping up in the comics I made since.

For magazine Open Deur I did an illustration about music – including the route musical sensation takes throughout our brain…

I also made another comic about Stella for magazine Hoe Overleef Ik - and lo and behold: all of a sudden we’re inside her brain as well!

Meanwhile I’m working on a comic about inspiration, for magazine Speling, and this is how I depicted the ideas streaming into my mind (always while taking a bath)…

And this is an excerpt from the comic for student magazine H/Link, about performance anxiety:

So it’s not a big surprise that when Terry Nantier of NBM Publishing asked me to do a drawing they can make into a print to go with bigger orders, this is (part of) what I came up with:

The print is called The Science of Making Comics, and will be available with orders from $30.

I’m sure they’ll be available at SPX in Washington next week, where I’ll be signing my books Science: a Discovery in Comics and Philosophy: a Discovery in Comics – so if you’re curious about the print (or the books), drop by our booth at G1-2!

Be Sociable, Share!

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...